Monday, July 9, 2018

Call Me Abed

Okay Google, call dad.
Did you mean this dad?
Yes Google, I only have one dad. I'm not Nicole Bradford.*

*For anyone under the age of 50, or who has better taste in TV or could care less about pop culture references, Nicole Bradford was the name of the character on My Two Dads, an 80's sitcom where the dads were played by Greg Evigan** and Paul Reiser***

**Before My Two Dads, Greg Evigan was best known for a 70's TV show called BJ And The Bear, about a trucker and his pet chimp that traveled around the country having adventures. I shit you not. He is now on General Hospital.

*** Paul Reiser was a stand up who starred in a show in the 90's called Mad About You, and his character on that show actually gave his apartment to Kramer on Seinfeld and that's how he ended up living across the hall from Jerry. You might know Paul Reiser from season 2 of Stranger Things, where he played Dr. Sam Owens,the director of operations at Hawkins Lab.

So anyway, that's what went through my head when that stupid fucking Google Assistant asked me once again to clarify who I was calling. Can't they fix that already?

No comments:

Post a Comment