Friday, July 20, 2018

Brave New World


I don't usually speculate like this, and this is pretty dark and might seem a bit dramatic, but I'm starting to wonder if in the coming months you're going to see some suicides from some big players in this whole Russian thing. It goes a lot deeper than just Trump. It's beginning to look like it's the whole GOP machine, on every level. I think some fairly powerful people are going to be tried for crimes basically amounting to treason, and I don't think most of them are walking away from it. I think everyone is getting frightened, every other day there seems to be new indictments and people rolling over. People who view themselves as patriots and true Americans would probably rather just kill themselves than be publicly humiliated and branded as traitors. Then again, they seem to have no shame or integrity, so maybe they will hang on to the bitter end and hope for a miracle. I think a lot of stuff is going to come into the light about money and government and the backroom deals and power brokers in Washington. It's not just going to be about the Russians. It's going to be interesting to see how they all handle it, because it's not going to be any fun for them at all. Now this whole thing seems to really be gaining serious momentum, and the consequences are starting to seem very real for a lot of powerful people. This country is going to be dealing with this crisis for quite a while. I don't know, I'm just starting to really get a sense of what this whole thing is going to be, and it feels very ominous. I think the next few years are going to be a real grind, with a lot to sort out and a lot of heartache and misery. I think America is going to be a very different place on the other side of it all, if not the entire world. I could be wrong, but this feels like a huge game charger, like the entire house of cards is getting ready to fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment