Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Dream Girl


So I had one of my long, involved dreams last night. I lived with a bunch of people, most of them strangers I had just met when we moved in together, and we all got tickets to see some concert. The dream took place over the month leading up to the concert. One of my new roommates was a women, and we didn't get along at first. There were a bunch of awkward moments, and there were some days when other things were going on in the dream, with other real life or made up people. This imaginary roommate girl at first didn't like the things about me that I didn't like either, things like my looks or physical appearance, where I am in life right now. As all the different threads in the dream started to come together as the day of the concert approached, everything started to change between this woman and me. Her sister lived with us too, and I remember how pissed off she was when her sister started spending more time with me. Finally, the day of the concert arrived and all sorts of obstacles kept coming up that separated everyone, or made us late for the show. I was getting really agitated (for some reason, I was really upset that we were going to miss the opening act, Government Mule), then I ran into the woman, and she told me to just come back home and relax and we would figure out what to do. We went back, and lay down together on the couch, and I fell asleep. I woke up in the dream and looked at her, asleep in my arms, and thought to myself 'I love this woman so much, and I can't wait to tell her when we woke up'. Then, I woke up for real, I was really content and happy for a moment, thinking about the girl I loved. And then I realized she wasn't real, and it all was a dream. I never even found out her name.
So now I feel more lonely than I did when I went to sleep last night. Your brain likes messing with you like that. Who knows, though? Maybe somewhere in the world she is real, and last night she too had a dream about some guy that really annoyed her, but she got to know him, and she also ended that dream in love and asleep on their couch in his arms. Maybe someday, long after the memory of the dream has faded, we'll meet, and feel like we met somewhere before, and we'll fall in love for real.
I know that's a real long shot, but a guy can dream, can't he?

No comments:

Post a Comment