Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Disturbing truths

Disturbing truths I've had to come to grips with over the course of my life:

I think there was only one women I've ever been with that seriously wanted to be my wife, at least for a little while

No boss or business owner really cared about me on a personal level. I was always about profit and loss in the end.

At this point, I'm never going to have kids of my own.

Any drug addict or alcoholic cares more about drugs or alcohol than you.

Nearly every elected official is mostly concerned about their own interests and reelection, and serving the rich and powerful that really run this country.

Sometimes people are too far gone to save, no matter how much you love them, and there's nothing you can do but let them go or watch them destroy themselves.

I will outlive all of my heroes, and living a long life will most likely mean that I will outlive most of my friends too.


The writers on Lost never had a good ending in mind and just gave up and took the easy way out. I mean, fans guessed purgatory in the first season, and as much as they denied it for the next five years or so, in the end all the extra mystical and quantum physics crap they tried to throw in didn't hide the fact that it was basically fucking purgatory.

No comments:

Post a Comment